- Check out the old Metamora Grist Mill, an early method of grain manufacturing, and even see grinding demonstrations on select days.
- Enjoy a ride on the Ben Franklin III, a canal boat pulled by two Belgian draft horses.
- Check out Duck Creek Aqueduct, a covered bridge that carries the canal 16 feet over Duck Creek – believed to be the only structure of its kind in the nation.
- January through March 31: The site is closed to the public.
- April 1 through Nov. 30: The Grist Mill is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- December: The Grist Mill is open Dec. 1-2, 7-9 and 14-16 to coincide with the Metamora Christmas Walk. The mill is open from 12 to 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and 12 to 5 p.m. on Sundays during those weekends. This site and mill are closed to the public all other days in December.
- May 1 through Oct. 31: The Canal Boat is open Wednesday through Sunday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., with runs on the hour (weather permitting).
Whitewater is open on Monday holidays, including Memorial Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day. It is closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
If you plan on visiting the site during the months school is in session, Tuesday through Friday, please call ahead. Due to a number of school groups visits, guided tours may be limited. Please call ahead to find out if your visit may be impacted.
You’re sure to enjoy this 30-minute ride on the Ben Franklin III, a canal boat pulled by two Belgian draft horses, as you learn about the canal, boat and Duck Creek Aqueduct. Afterwards, visit the Metamora Grist Mill.
Purchase your tickets to ride the Ben Franklin III in person at the Grist Mill or Canal Boat Ticket Office near the boat dock. Boat tours are offered on the hour between noon and 4 p.m.
- Members – Free (see membership section below)
- Adult – $7
- Senior* – $6
- Youth* – $4
- Children Under 3 – Free
- *Senior: Ages 60 and older, Youth: Ages 3 through 17
Horse Drawn Canal Boat
Metamora, IN 47030